Saturday, April 28, 2007

Shibaura Institute of Technology

Global Issues 1

Identity

In Week 2 we discussed bicultural identity. This video is a performance of Mon Amie La Rose (My friend the rose) by Natacha Atlas. Natacha Atlas has a multicultural identity. She was born in Belgium. Her mother is an English Muslim. Her father was Middle-Eastern. Her great great grandfather was Jewish. She grew up in the Moroccan community of Brussells. She speaks French, Arabic and English. The song she is singing in this video is a French classic.

Natacha Atlas is now one of my favourite singers. J'adore sa voix (I adore her voice).

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. she is really interesting!!!
    I saw the video. she looks little bit like a Middle east people;)
    lucky that she can talk Arabic. I want talk toooooo!!!! ;D hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina,
    I agree. I just bought her album from iTunes!!

    BTW, when are you going to the UK?

    ReplyDelete