Thursday, August 02, 2007

My Home Province
by Gao Song (Lisa), Takushoku University



You should visit my home province of Hunan. It is a great place to go for a vacation. First, I'm going to tell you where it is. Second, I'm going to tell you what Hunan is famous for. Last, I'm going to tell you about scenic Zhangjiajie.


My home province is near Hubei province. Hunan become an important communication center due to its position on the Changjiang River and on the highway constructed between northern and southern China. The population continued to climb until, by the nineteenth century, Hunan was overcrowded.

Now you know where my home province is. Next I'll tell you what Hunan is famous for. Hunan is famous because it the birthplace of Chairman Mao. He was born in nearby Shaoshan and studied in Changsha City. But being Mao Zedong's home province, Hunan supported the Cultural Revolution, so it developed slower than most provinces.


Hunan is also famous for agriculture. It is the premier rice-growing province. It is an important producer of oil seed and the second-biggest producer of pork and the third-largest producer of cigarettes. Changsha is the capital city of Hunan province in the south of China. It is the center of a rich agricultural region. The site has a 3000 year history. In 1904 Changsha was opened to foreign trade and large numbers of Europeans and Americans settled there.
Last, I'll introduce a very famous place Zhangjiajie.


Zhangjiajie is located in Hunan province China. It is known as a scenic area. Close to 50% of the population in Zhangjiajie is composed of minorities. So this is one of the minority regions in China. The two girls in the picture are dressed in the traditional minority costume.



Zhangjia jie is also famous for the 'stone forest'.
Today I told you three things about my home province. First I told you the location, second, I told you two reasons it's famous. Finally, I told you about a beautiful place named Zhangjiajie. I hope you visit my home province soon


No comments:

Post a Comment