Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Toyo Gakuen University Homestay English Unit 2: First Day in America

Lesson Goals
  • Describe people
  • Talk about your family
  • Learn about American families
  • Learn about communicating with your host family
Part 1: Unit 1 Review
  • Do the short quiz

Part 2: Vocabulary
Part 3: Choosing a host family
  • Look at the picture. This is the Anderson family. The Anderson family is an American Family.

  • Open your textbook, Homestay Adventures to p.6. Which host family would you choose?
  • List 5 things you like about YOUR family.
  • List 5 things you dislike about YOUR family

Part 4: Listening Textbook - p.7
  • Listen to the conversation. Look at the pictures. Which picture is Ayako’s
    host family?
Part 5: Describing your family – Textbook p.8
  • Practice the conversation on p.8
  • What is the “Homestay Tip” at the bottom of p. 8?
Part 6: Learning about American Families
  • Watch the DVD. Answer the questions on p.9

Part 7: Communicating with your host family
  • Watch the video and answer the questions on your worksheet.
Homework
  • Search the internet for pictures of your hometown. Save the pictures on to a USB flash drive. Bring your flash drive to next class.

2 comments:

  1. Akira.T5:05 pm

    To Mr.Stout
    I receive your email of Homestay Adventures class' about homework.I am sorry that I cannot answer these questions because I can't keep up with your speed of the lesson.I try to understand,I have read a few pages of my textbook.But I have to watch a DVD of this textbook also.Namely I haven't studied this Homestay Adventure's segment yet.So, if you are busy,couldn't you send me an email about Homestay Adventure lesson. If I make you send it,I think it's too impolite.I search segments about Homestay Adveture from your website by myself,so you needn't send emails about this lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Akira.T4:25 am

    To Mr.Stout
    But,in details,if you don't mind sending e-mails about Homestay Adventure,I am glad to receive it about Homestay Adventure.If you are willing to post them about Homestay Adventure, it is welcomed.I want to take emails from Active Mail.Will you keep sending them.It is not true that I don't want to de given them from you.Please don't make a mistake about this complicated want.

    ReplyDelete