Monday, May 02, 2011

基礎英語4 Basic English Writing Lesson 3

Hello everyone,
Today we are going to learn about writing topic sentences, and supporting sentences. We'll learn about signal words too. First, let's study some vocabulary. Please click the link: Togaku 英単 Set 3. Login in to Quizlet. Click "Learn". Study the words. After that you can play "Skatter" or "Space Race".

Now please read the paragraph below. How many sentences are there in the paragraph? Which sentence is the topic sentence? How many supporting sentences are there in the paragraph? Which sentence is the concluding sentence?

My Life at Shibaura by Hiroaki K.

           (A) I belong to the handball club and the fishing circle. (B) I like fishing. (C) I go fishing sometimes skipping lectures. (D) When I am not in class I go fishing. (E) I am a student of Applied Chemistry. (F) However, I am not so interested in chemistry. (G) I entered this school because there is a fishing circle. (H) I came to this school to fish.

Now do the tasks on your handouts. After we will look at the Hiroaki's paragraph and check the answers to the questions.

Now let's read our posts on our Posterous Blog. Please click the link: Togaku Basic English Writing 

Next look at the picture below. Let's write replies to our classmates' posts.




That's all for today. Have a great Golden Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment