Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The University of Tsukuba CE Science and Maths C1 - Week 2


WaterfallHello everyone,
Today we are going to start our first unit of study. We are going to study....water.
First, lets study some vocabulary. Please click the link: CE Science and Math C1 Vocabulary.
Now click the link to download today's lecture materials.

Finally, for homework, let's watch a video. Please click the link. The video is a TED Talk. The TED Talk is by a man called Michael Pritchard. Michael Pritchard has invented an amazing water bottle. Watch the video and answer the questions below:

1. Why did Pritchard invent the Lifesaver bottle?
2. Why is the filter in the lifesaver bottle so good?
3. What is the benefit of processing water at the source?
4. How much money is needed to make water safe for everyone in the world?

Bring your answers to class next week.
See you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael

    I couldn't see you yesterday.
    Maybe I was too late because of my classes that is till 5th period.
    I've tried to find your text that you show us on Tuesday 2nd on the computer desktop at class 507. But I've not found it. It's gone.
    And also I tried to download it from "today's lecture materials". But I couldn't complete it. I guess it's kind of heavy for my PC.
    so that I have just throw my hands up.
    How can I do the homework page 29. :(

    ReplyDelete